Breakfast is my love language.
I have three universal truths when it comes to breakfast that I think everyone should live by:
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
- Breakfast should be savored, intentional, and nutritious.
- Cereal is a cop out.
My ideal morning includes lots of extra time to create an amazing meal to wake up to. However, that is not always the case with morning classes/meetings/the gym calling my name. I do believe that everyone should have a couple of nutritious and quick breakfast ideas that they can grab and go when things get tough. Here is my favourite “I’ve allotted fifteen minutes to eat breakfast before I have to leave the house” breakfast oatmeal…
This has seriously been my favourite oatmeal combination for the last four months. The banana adds an amazing sweetness once it is heated up that pairs incredibly well with the oats and cinnamon. And who doesn’t like a breakfast that is a bit more intricate than cereal?
- ½ cup quick oats
- ½ cup almond milk (give or take, I always eye ball this)
- 1 small banana
- cinnamon, to taste
- Place ½ cup of oats in a microwavable bowl and add in your almond milk. Stir so everything is covered. Microwave for 1 minute so the majority of the liquid is absorbed by the oats.
- Peel your banana and mash it into your bowl trying to pulverize out any lumps (or keep some in if that’s your style). Microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Pull out of the microwave (it’s going to be HOT) and throw in your cinnamon. I basically pour a ridiculous amount in, and then stir it around so my oats are evenly covered.
- Eat, enjoy, and savour the extra time you have to get out the door and on to your next task on time.