I tend to be an ‘all or nothing’ kind of person. This attitude even transfers over to my baking. How, you may ask? Well, when I get a pocket of time to try a new recipe it often doesn’t stop there… I’ll try four new recipes while I juggle mixing bowls and spatulas. Am I an ingenious multi-tasker? I don’t think so. I just like to be all in when I get into the cooking mood, which leaves a fridge full of goodies and my roommates especially fond of me!
I tried making these crackers on one of those ‘epic cooking’ kind afternoons. I was loosely following a recipe I had copied online into my notebook, but soon realized I was missing an ingredient. I went with it, as well as adding a couple extras along the way.
The result? The most delicious, crunchy, satisfying cracker I have ever had. I honestly ate this batch way too quickly for a normal person that does not even like crackers. But don’t take my word for it…
The other amazing aspect of this recipe is that it is basically a ‘dump and go’ kind of deal. Throw everything into a bowl, mix, and then bake it up. The hardest part is waiting an hour for it to bake. But hey, that’s just me…
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup flax seeds
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- 1 cup water
- 1 grated garlic clove
- 1 tbsp garlic seasoning
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Dump all seeds into a bowl and mix thoroughly
- Add in grated garlic clove and seasoning. Make sure mixture is evenly coated.
- Add in 1 cup of water and stir to coat mixture
- Wait 5 minutes for liquid to be absorbed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread out mixture evenly and bake for 60 minutes
- Once cooled, cut crackers into desired shape and Enjoy!